5 Things Bringing Us Joy
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Which means shopping and baking, with a little side of stressing, right? We hope not! To lighten the mood, we’re sharing 5 of our favorite things!
- Holiday Baking. One big tip I’ve discovered is to bake when you’re feeling it and freeze your cookies. This makes it easy to have a lot of different kinds of cookies on hand for whatever events pop up. Plus, you’re never overwhelmed with baking because you give yourself plenty of time!
- Christmas Music. I don’t know about you, but I love when a few of my car presets turn into Christmas stations for the season. Driving and cooking is much happier when I can sing at the top of my lungs (good or bad, ha).
- Candles. Anyone else have an affinity for picking up way too many sale candles?? Because that’s me. Always. And Christmas scents are some of my absolute favorites! Holiday smells like pine, cinnamon, marshmallow, cranberry, and more can all be smelled in my home for the next month.
- Friends. The holidays are an excellent excuse to be around friends! It’s easy to get into a routine where you go to work, workout, and come home. This is the season to see people. Make dinner plans. Go out. Just being around people makes the season brighter.
- Lights. Lights on trees. Lights on houses. This is my favorite. When whole neighborhoods are glowing, I know all is right with the world. Also, going light seeing is some free entertainment for your kids. Hop in the car and check out all the pretty yards and houses this holiday!